Every foreign national need to get a Visa for visiting India, to know more about the same please follow the given link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
|COUNTRIES WHOSES NATIONALS CAN OPT FOR E-Visa|
|A||Azerbaijan, Austria, Australia, Aruba, Armenia, Argentina, Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Angola, Andorra, Albania||B||Burundi, Bulgaria, Brunei, Brazil, Botswana, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bolivia, Belize, Belgium, Barbados, Bahamas|
|C||Czech Republic, Cyprus, Cuba, Croatia, Cote d’lvoire, Costa Rica, Cook Islands, Comoros, Colombia, China- SAR Macau, , China- SAR Hong Kong, China, Chile, Cayman Island, Cape Verde, Canada, Cameron Union Republic, Cambodia||D||Dominican Republic, Dominica, Djibouti, Denmark|
|E||Estonia, Eritrea, El Salvador, Ecuador, East Timor||F||France, Finland, Fiji|
|G||Guyana, Guinea, Guatemala, Grenada, Greece, Ghana, Germany, Georgia, Gambia, Gabon||H||Hungary, Honduras, Haiti|
|I||Italy, Israel, Ireland, Indonesia, Iceland||J||Jordan, Japan, Jamaica|
|K||Kiribati, Kenya||L||Luxembourg, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Liberia, Laos, Lesotho, Latvia|
|M||Myanmar, Mozambique, Montserrat, Montenegro, Mongolia, Monaco, Moldova, Micronesia, Mexico, Mauritius, Marshall Islands, Malta, Mali, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malawi||N||Norway, Niue Island, Niger Republic, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Nauru, Namibia, Netherlands|
|O||Oman||P||Portugal, Poland, Philippines, Peru, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Panama, Palestine|
|Q||R||Rwanda, Russia, Romania, Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Korea|
|S||Switzerland, Sweden, Swaziland, Suriname, Sri Lanka, Spain, South Africa, Solomon Islands , Slovenia, Singapore, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Serbia, Senegal, San Marino, Samoa, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Saint Lucia||T||Tuvalu, Taiwan, Turks & Caicos Island, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Thailand|
|U||Uzbekistan, USA, Uruguay, UAE, United Kingdom, Ukraine||V||Vietnam, Venezuela, Vatican City-Holy See, Vanuatu|
Eligibility for e-Visa
- A foreign national traveller can avail the online e-Visa facility for number of purposes like recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment and business visit.
- It is important the applicant passport have at least six month validity from the date of arrival in India. Apart from this passport must have at least two blank pages so that immigration officer can put stamp.
- While coming to India the international traveller must have sufficient money to spend in India and also have return or onward journey ticket.
- If country of origin of international traveller is Pakistan and he has Pakistani passport, then traveller has to apply for a regular Visa at the Indian Mission.
- The facility of e-Visa not available for Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- It is necessary that every individual should separate passport. E-visa will not be granted to an individual if traveller is validated on parent’s or spouse’s passport.
- International Travel Document Holders cannot apply for an e-Visa.
Instructions for e-Visa
- As above mentioned e-visa have 3 categories that is e-Tourist, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa. A foreigner will be permitted to club these categories.
- It is mandatory only permitted nationals may apply online minimum 04 days prior to his date of travelling in India with a window of 120 days. For Example if someone are applying on 1 Mar then applicant arrival date should be 5th Sep to 2 Jan
- Apart from application of e-Visa, applicant required recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date and so on. Additionally require one more document (depending on type of e-Visa) to be uploaded. If Passport page and photographs that have been uploaded are not clear then the application can be rejected.
- The fee of e-Visa territory / country specific. An additional bank transaction of 2.5% will be charges on application. The applicant has to pay this fee at least 4 days in advance before the expected date of travel or else application will not be processed. To know the fee applicable to all countries/ territories please click here
- Submitted e-Visa fee will be non-refundable since the fee is for processing of the application only and it does not depend on Grand of rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization(ETA)
- At the time of travelling applicant has to carry a copy of ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) which is mandatory. Before starting your journey check your ETA status is shown as “GRANTED” on official website by clicking Visa status.
- Applicant has to provide biometric details at the immigration on arrival in India.
- The e-Visa is valid 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permissible on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa, while triple entry is permissible on e-Medical Visa.
- Through 24 Designated airport entry permitted with valid e-Visa for applicant, namely Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bagdogra, Coimbatore, Cochin, Chandigarh, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Guwahati, Goa, Gaya, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mangalore, Nagpur, Pune, Trivandrum, Tiruchirappalli, and Varanasi. However exist can take from any of authorized immigration check posts (ICPs) in India.
- An e-Visa can be applied maximum for 2 times in a calendar year between months of January to December.
- Please note e-Visa is non convertible and not extendable. If you want to visit protected/ Restricted/ Cantonment areas, an e-Visa is not valid for not. For visiting these areas you need to require prior permission from the civil authorities. To know more about this please click here
- If the number of unsuccessful attempt si more than three 03, then the application id would be blocked and the applicant has to apply afresh by filling the application from again and regenerate a new application id.
- Due to network issue or technical reason, e-Visa fee payment status updating may take up to 4 hours. There before applies again applicant must wait for minimum four hours after submitting the application and paying fees. If an e-Visa fee has been deducted but status is not updated, the applicant advised to verify their payment status by clicking on Verify payment / Pay Visa Fee’ tab.
- National of yellow fever affected country must carry Yellow Fever Vaccination Card at the time of arrival in India otherwise they might be kept in isolation for 6 days on arriving in India. (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html)
General reason for e-Visa application rejection
- Passport page/photo uploads were not according to specification or were unclear
- Data entered on application form, e.g. name, date of birth, did not match with the passport.
- Passport did not have six month validity